Please read this introduction before looking at the Masterpost itself.
Transgender ideology is rapidly gaining mainstream attention, popularity and acceptance. Transgender people and their supporters (both hereafter referred to as “transactivists”) often accuse those who disagree with them of the following:
- silencing and “talking over” trans people
- denying transgender people’s right to exist
- making them feel unwelcome, unsafe and triggered
However, from our end of things, it seems to be the other way around. Many people, both within and outside of transactivism, agree that it is transactivists who are actively silencing and triggering others, creating a climate in which questions and criticisms of their ideas are not only discouraged, but sometimes outright punished. Even fully transitioned transwomen and “detransitioners” have written about this dangerous spiral of silence in transactivism, and have been ostracized by the trans “community” as a result.
So I have compiled the following masterpost of instances in which people have been punished, to varying degrees, for perceived offenses against trans people or trans ideology. These offenses, as you will find when you read the links in the Masterpost, are rarely ever blatantly transphobic. Offenses can range from holding female-focused events to simply disagreeing with transactivists about core tenets of their ideology.
The Masterpost is subjectively organized (by me) into tiers, from murder, to assault, to explicit censorship, to general intimidation by transactivists. When a response from the censored party is available, I post that as well.
Please take care to notice a few things:
- Most of the people censored are women, particularly radical feminists and lesbians
- In some of these cases, people were censored for alleged transphobia, but other kinds of bigotry in the same context (particularly misogyny) were not censored
- Sometimes there is no evidence of transphobia at all, but an accusation of transphobia alone is worthy of punishment
- Tier #5 (general violent threats, harassment, etc.) is not in list form because it has too many examples to be listed. That’s how common it is for us to be threatened by transactivists.
Also, keep in mind:
- Transgender people represent an estimated 0.3 % of the U.S. population (source)
- The transgender interest lobby is worth millions of dollars, mostly spent on advertising
- It’s not difficult to see that the amount of rights, sociopolitical power and social recognition that the very small transgender lobby has accrued in a very short time span is vastly disproportionate to the amount of power other marginalized groups (women, people of color, LGB people) have accrued after rallying for much, much longer periods of time.
For instance (as you will see throughout this Masterpost), there are some protections that trans people have that women and other minorities don’t have (such as, 6-figure fines for “misgendering” while no such fine exists for using racial and misogynistic slurs).
It’s highly unusual, and perhaps even suspect, that a special interest group representing a minuscule portion of the population has become this powerful, this fast, and yet claims that they are “silenced” and “invisible” to society.
And it’s also highly unusual/suspect that 0.3% of the population has been this effective in censoring entire political organizations (such as Deep Green Resistance) and political ideologies (radical feminism).
Just keep all that in mind as you read the Masterpost.